Tuesday, June 8, 2010

another day of locing and travesty

So today was pleasant. Had a community event at united way downtown (ATL) and really enjoyed the opportunity to massage so many bodies. my skills are blooming. I listened to the christ consciousness isochronic last night, so I was very zen and flowing today. Went to a book store in the west end mall and heard about a woman who has done 20 years of research into dreadlocks's spiritual aspect, and discovered that locs have code written into them, individual to every person. Makes sense to me since everyone's hair is different. I love being around afrocentric brethren, building mathematics, and so on...I'll be sure to be back on the 19th with an update on how that turned out. I CAN'T WAIT!

Oh, and a question for those of you...Since I'm freeforming, and my hair is more or less used to the pattern of locing, can't I just sleep on it now? Do I have to wrap it all careful? It makes sense that I should If I don't want lint and stuff in it, but other than that, is it really necessary? it almost seems counterintuitive. Like my hair could be accomplishing something while I'm asleep. LOL.

I was feeling a little down today. I'm not sure what my locs are gonna teach me, but as the days go by, and my unkempt lovely universe grates on people's idea of decorum, tempers are flaring. Funnily enough, I have a lone loc that stands straight up on my head. I'll post some pictures of it soon, since it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. SOOOO many people at school are saying things like: " u should twist that one" or, "its getting on my nerves" or "whats up with the antennea?"...ok, I like the antennea thing, but the other ones are.... well, they're not discouraging, cause I love my process. But they're...well it hurts to have people who were sooo down with locs while they're manicured totally turn and flip the script and start behaving like it...scares them almost. This one lady came up and just started flicking it, telling it to go down. My lovely loc, it bounced back ertime, and she just gave up...My locs lend me resiliency....

But then there's Dion, the lovely who first opened my eyes to what my hair wanted to do. She asked me today if I loved the journey, and I gave her a very sincere yes. I LOVE IT.


My locs are teaching me something everyday. People who understand give u ups for the bravery, people who don't understand just...stare. but its a different look. At united way with the massage, I had a bandana covering the new growth. Everyone I touched LOVED me. said I had magic hands. I wonder how dif things wouldve spun if I'd had my stubborn lovely loc flipping the luv to all in attendance, daring someone to comment....

IONO, INI...

LUV, LUX, and BUX

No comments:

Post a Comment