Sunday, January 2, 2011

SIx semi new locs, and the 'no poo' method

Here's a few pics:










I'm not sure how they started, but they're coming along. I cut the two front 'antennae' a while ago, but true to form (or freeform lol) they grew right back, and brought friends!

As my hair continues to loc, alot of the shorter hair right around my crown is getting thicker and stronger, and I decided to, instead of just joining it to surrounding hair and leaving like, four locs on top of my head, make individual locs out of this new, stronger growth.

I'm really pleased with how its coming along.

As for my hair care stuff, I just tried something new. No shampooing, or "no-poo" washing, is, in layman's terms, washing your hair with just water, no shampoo.

I know what you're thinking out there....

EEEWWW.

But it won't be forever. Since I do have new locks, that I should avoid shampooing them so heavily for at least another one or two washings (two to three weeks). But that being said, the rest of my hair needs water to keep them from drying out during the winter. So no poo it is...At least for a while.

Wanna hear a bit more about this "no poo revolution"? check out a few of the links below. Who knows? you may decide to go without shampoo yourself.

lifelessplastic-no poo

thephoenix-no po doo

Do it big, or at least bigger, than yesterday.
LOVE,LUX, and LOCS

No comments:

Post a Comment